- Aspirants applying for SSC CGL must not be less than 18 years and cannot be more than 32 years of age (as on August 1, 2019).
- The lower and upper limit of age varies for each post.
- The age of candidates as present in the 10th/12th certificates will be considered.
- He must be an Indian Citizen
- He must be a subject of Nepal/Bhutan
- He must be a Tibetan refugee who moved to India, before 1962, with the intention of settling down permanently in India.
- He must be a Person of Indian Origin who has moved to India from Burma, Pakistan, Uganda, Kenya, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Ethiopia, Zaire, and Vietnam with intention of settling down permanently in India.
Candidates must check the SSC exam qualification details for the post. The basic requirement is the undergraduate level bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or institution. Other academic qualifications corresponding to the different posts are given below.
Tier 1 -
- Number of Papers - 1 with 4 sections
- Number of questions - 100
- Number of Marks - 200
- Time - 1 Hour
- Number of Papers - 4
- Total Number of Questions - 500
- Total Marks- 800 for each paper
- Time - 2 hours for each paper
- Number of Papers - 1
- Number of Papers - 1
- Total marks - 100
- Time - 1 hour
Computer proficiency test/skill test/document verification
SSC CGL 2020 Syllabus for Tier 1
Logical Reasoning –
Series (number, figurative), similarities and differences, analogy, space visualization. Spatial orientation, problem-solving, analysis, judgment. Decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation. Direction sense test, Blood relations, arithmetical reasoning, and figural classification.
Arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding, and decoding. Statement conclusion, syllogism in reasoning, etc. The topics are Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy. Figural Analogy, Ranking test, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification. Figural Classification, Input-Output questions, Problem Solving, Word Building, Seating arrangement, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations. Questions on Dies, Clock, Calender.
Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams. Drawing inferences, folding & unfolding of Punched hole/pattern. Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Indexing, Address matching. Date & city matching, Classification of center codes/roll numbers. Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding, and classification. Embedded Figures, Critical thinking. Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, etc.
Percentages. Ratio & Proportion. Square and cube roots. Surds and indices. LCM and HCF, Averages, Age problems. Simple interest and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership. Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Boat and Streams, Pipes and Cisterns. Numbers, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Heights and Distances.
Divisions and Remainders, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers. Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangles (centers, congruence, similarity), In circles and circum-circle. Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons. Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone. Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelopiped.
Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio. Degree and Radian Measures, Circle and its chords. tangents angles subtended by chords of a circle. common tangents to two or more circles, Standard Identities. Complementary angles, Heights and Distances. Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
- Fill in the Blanks
- Idioms & Phrases
- Jumbled sentences (ordering)
- One-word substitution
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Mis-spelt words
- Common errors
- Sentence improvement
- General Policy & Scientific Research
- Current affairs of Last 6 months
- Economic Scene
- Scientific research includes physics, chemistry, and Biology
SSC CGL 2020 Syllabus for Tier 2
SSC CGL Tier 2 is conducted in online mode. The questions are objective in nature. Tier 1 qualified candidates can participate in SSC CGL Tier 2. Candidates can take a look at some of the best books for SSC CGL Tier II Preparation. There are four papers in the exam:
- Paper 1 – Quantitative Ability
- Paper 2 – English Language and Comprehension
- Paper 3 – Statistics for Jr. Statistical Officer (JSO) and Compiler post
- Paper 4 – General Studies for Assistant Audit Officer (AAO) post.
English Language & Comprehension
- Measures of central tendency
- Measures of dispersion
- Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis
- Correlation and probability theory
- Random variable and probability distributions
- Sampling theory
- Analysis of variance
General Studies (Economics and Finance)
This is Paper 4 in SSC CGL Tier 2 examination. It is conducted exclusively for the post of Assistant Audit Officer (AAO). A total of 200 questions are asked in the paper, out of which 120 questions are from Economics and 80 questions are from Finance.
- Economics & Governance Topics
- Finance & Accounts Topics
- Auditor Role and Responsibility
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Finance Commission Role & Functions
- Principles of Accounting
- About Economics/ Micro Economics
- Basics of Accounting
- Theory of Demand and Supply
- Nature and Scope of Financial Accounting
- About Indian Economy
- Limitations of Financial Accounting
- Role of Information Technology in Governance
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
SSC CGL 2020 Syllabus for Tier 3
Tier 3 is a descriptive examination conducted offline and involves:
- Letter Writing
- Essay Writing
- Application Writing
- Precis Writing
Tier 3 is a 100 marks paper of 60 minutes duration. Candidates are allotted time of 60 minutes to complete the descriptive written test. For visually handicapped candidates and candidates suffering from cerebral palsy the time of examination is 80 minutes. Introduced in the year 2016, Tier 3 examination focuses on the writing capability of the candidate. A candidate has a choice of selecting the language he/she wishes to write. Only Hindi and English languages are allowed. The candidate may not choose any other regional language. It should be noted that the minimum qualifying marks for this Tier 3 paper are 33%
SSC CGL 2020 Syllabus for Tier 4
Merit list is prepared based on Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 exam, and the shortlisted candidates are then asked to appear for Tier 4 of SSC CGL. Tier 4 is basically Skill Test comprising of two tests.
- Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)
- Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)
DEST is conducted for candidates who have applied for Tax Assistant Posts in Central Excise & Income Tax. Data entry speed skills will be tested at 8000 depressions per hour. CPT is conducted for candidates who have applied for Assistant Section Officer Post in CSS only. Candidates will have to appear for the Computer Proficiency Test to validate the selection and showcase their comfort and ease of computer usage.